It may be SUPER cold outside, but the best way to warm up is a fantastic new hair color! Check out some of our most recent work including the NEW demi+ color line from Aveda which launches in February 2018! (We are super stoked to have it in the early release!!)
Filtering by Tag: howard county salon
We are so excited for one of our FAVORITE holidays-- Thanksgiving!
If you need to know one thing about the team at Thirty Hair, we love to eat good food.
In celebration of the Holidays, we do have some unique hours this season! Knowing it is the holidays, we highly suggest booking your appointments quickly as spots are dwindling as we speak!
Thanksgiving Week- November 21-26
Monday and Tuesday 1-9pm
Wednesday 10am to 7pm
Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday- CLOSED!
Saturday 9am to 5pm
December Hours are as normal unless otherwise stated.
Friday, December 2, 9am to 3pm. Our Holiday Event is that night! Please join us!
Monday December 19 1pm to 9pm
December 24 to 26 CLOSED!
We look forward to seeing everyone for the holidays!
We've been busy bees this spring at Thirty Hair taking trips to Alexandria, Virginia to the Aveda Southeast Education Headquarters and having the regional cutting and styling educator into the salon for an all-team cutting class! Check out some of the work we created, things we've learned and the fun we've had!
Lisa and Sarah headed off to an Advanced Academy with Bea Watson, Aveda's Globa Director of Styling. They learned a TON of unique uses for the styling products and many quick and easy ways to take the runway looks and trends into wearable hairstyles.
Kara went to a hands on class working with Andrea Swanson about the newest trends and ways to work with fashion colors. Did you know Aveda color can create an infinite amount of pastel colors and about every shade in the rainbow without permanently damaging your hair? Check out the lavender shadow root she did to Emmy, one of our newest stylists after attending the class.
Lastly, the girls all got together on their Monday off to work on their cutting skills. Hope Harris came to us for the day and our salon became an advanced academy learning core cutting with her. We each worked on 3 different cuts, perfecting body positioning, hair texture and techniques.
We had quite the fun considering it was our day off and ended with a silly group selfie... (we were so busy working we didn't stop to take pictures of our work throughout the day!)
If you haven't noticed, we are on the move, learning and growing for our guests! Between weekly trainings for our new hires and constant advanced educational opportunities, change and growth is key for our team. Look for more fun posts on facebook and IG as our team gets two more awesome color educational events in-salon this summer!
Over here at Thirty Hair, we are looking for awesome, talented individuals to join our team! Currently, we are seeking individuals who are interested in either a career in stylist positions and our front desk team.
To be on our team you must be:
*Fun and Friendly (because who likes to work with a bump on a log!)
*Like to be with and work with people (remember, we do have clients coming in every day!)
*Able to multi-task with the best of them (because in this business, it can get a little busy some days!)
*Reliable and Dependable (we like employees who show up every day!)
*Enjoy fashion and beauty (I mean it is a hair salon! There are perks like free products!)
*Able to work on a team (we are a team here, so we like to work together!)
*Availability for nights and weekends (we try to not make our clients take off work to get their hair done!)
If all of this sounds awesome for you or someone you know, please run, don't walk to our employment page and send us your information. We do have a multi-level hiring process which includes getting to know you, you getting a real-life experience of what the job is like and a chance of our team getting to know you as well. We truly believe in making sure that we all will get along well because let's be real, we spend a LOT of time with our work family!
Our benefits for employees include competitive hourly wages, set schedules, paid vacations, discounts on products and services, paid maternity leave and paid educational opportunities.
If you have questions, please feel free to stop by and check out our space and fill out an application in person. We look forward to hearing from you and hope to find a few new AMAZING people to join our team!!
This holiday season, we have a ton of new and limited edition items that we have for purchase to help you surprise your friends and family with the perfect gift.
One thing that we have yet to tell you about is the OPI All Stars Nail Polish Pack!
This box of 10 polishes is the perfect stocking stuffer or gift for a loved one.
Five of the polishes are sweet pinks and the other five are darker or fun shades. The pinks include Bubble Bath, Tickle My France-Y, Alpine Snow, Princesses Rule!, and Strawberry Margarita. These five colors will be the perfect colors to ring in the new year with, and for upcoming holidays in 2016 like Valentine's Day.
The darker colors are composed of That's Hula-Rious!, Do You Have This Color In Stock-Holm?, Lincoln Park After Dark, Big Red Apple, and Malaga Wine. We know from experience with these shades that they can be worn year round, but are especially festive for this time of year.
And at $25 it is such a steal! Don't miss out on this amazing offer!
So, if you are looking for a gift for someone and you just can't figure out what to get, stop in to our salon and take a look at these polishes along with the rest of the Aveda holiday line!
Fall is right around the corner at Thirty Hair Aveda Exclusive Salon in Columbia Maryland!
We are getting with the fall colors, and have gotten the new Aveda make up line in the salon!
We have two shades of lipstick, one is a great burgundy shade "blackberry" and there is a great nude "sandstone". Then we have two lip glosses to correlate with the lipsticks "pink clover" and "desert earth". To top off the lips, there is a lip liner "purple sage" which is best mixed with the darker shades of lipstick/gloss to define your lips prior to applying the lipstick.
Moving onto the eyes, we have both eye shadow and eye liner that are just the perfect fall colors! From dark to light, the eye shadows that we have are blue lapis, green sencha, sandalwood, and golden ginger. These colors can be used individually for a little subtle boost, or together for a bold fall look.
Either way, your eyes will look fabulous!
Of course, you will need to add some eyeliner to your look and for that we have your go-to brown "cacao" and a gorgeous green "night ivy". Both of these colors are very natural earth shades and will make your eyes pop!
Come on into the salon to check out these exclusive new products! We have a tester palate set up right on the front desk so you can't miss it! Hope to see you all soon!
Hello to all our curly hair beauties!! It's Sarah Beth, one of Thirty Hair's Front Desk ladies with some important information on the be curly line! The be curly line for me was one that I wanted to learn about because it's so big and new things are always joining it so it was important for me to learn it!
We have a special line of Aveda products just for YOU! Our " Be Curly " line is always a must for curly hair.
- Be Curly Shampoo: This wash has wheat protein in it, perfect for giving your hair a healthy and gentle clean. It is meant to tame frizz and increase shine.
- Be Curly Conditioner: like the shampoo, the conditioner also has wheat protein. It will define your curls while also taking care of the frizz and increasing shine.
- Be Curly Co-Wash: This low-lather conditioning wash with certified organic babassu oil does three main things.
- It will clean your scalp very gently. Sometimes it's good to get a good clean down to the core.
- It will moisturize your curls for up to three days. THREE!
- Just like all of the be curly products, it will reduce frizz which is always a good thing!
This product is for very thick and very dry hair. It is used in place of the be curly shampoo and conditioner.
- Be Curly Intensive Detangling Masque: This product is a rich creme that is used to moisturize curls and leave them looking better each and every time you use it! It is suggested to be used once a week, but every head of hair is different so you can really used it as needed. Apply it after your shampoo in the shower. Comb it through your wet hair, leave it on for 2-5 minutes (10 if hair is very tangled) and then rinse. It's that easy!
- Be Curly Style-Prep: This product is used as a booster to the Be Curly Curl Enhancer. It also detangles your curls and protects against damage from combing or brushing. It can also make styling your curls a lot easier while giving them a soft feel.
- Be Curly Curl Enhancer: This product lives up to its name! It enhances and intensifies your curls, and really locks them in for a very finished look. It can be used daily, and you apply it to your wet hair before you style it.
- Be Curly Curl Controller: For those of you who need to tame your fun curls, this product is for you! It controls volume, combats frizz, and lengthens even the tightest curls. If you are looking for a more controlled style then this is what you need.
- Be Curly Curl Enhancing Hair Spray: This hair spray is specific to curly heads. It has a flexible hold that intensifies curls while giving them all-day frizz control. The flexible hold gives you the security of your hair staying in place without the flaking of crunchiness of other hairsprays. Not to mention, it smells delicious!
Come in to our salon today to scoop up some of this awesome product! In stock we have both regular and travel sizes, so you can " Be Curly" wherever you go! (Travel sized product pictured here) We have very knowledgeable stylists that would be more than willing to answer any and all questions you may have. You can also head to Aveda.com for more details on this line of product.
Be curly, everyone!!
So many times people ask us, why aveda?
Well, why not?
First, their hair color is AMAZING. It is as natural as you can get while also being an incredibly flexible color line that can do everything from blend grey, condition your hair while changing the tone of it, to covering grey or creating an incredible change on your hair. It also can give you those pastel colors or granny hair that's all the rage these days.
Second, their business philosophies and what they stand for is a huge plus both as a person and as a business. Have you ever checked it out?
1. we believe in treating ourselves,each other, and the planet with care and respect.
2. we believe social responsibility is our responsibility.
3. we believe ecological and profit goals are mutually achievable.
4. we believe our authenticity and experience are our points of difference.
5. we believe in inspiring and educating people to integrate wellness and beauty in their lives.
6. we believe in the power of oneness: from our global image to a focused network.
7. we believe learning never ends.
8. we believe in encouraging innovation and empowered decision-making.
9. we believe our actions, products and services should always embody excellence.
10. we believe personal and organizational balance is the key to sustainable success.
11. we believe true leadership is delivered with passion and by example.
That's all part of aveda. It means that there's constantly awesome education coming down the pipeline both for our stylists and our management and desk team. It means instead of always fighting against other salons in business, we can work together, much like we got to do this past winter with one of our favorite salons around, Salon Marielle in Historic Ellicott City!
It also has just about all the products you need to start and end your day. We love that you can utilize one product line for your haircare, skincare, bodycare and makeup needs. Have you ever tried their shampure candles for lotion when your hands are cracked and dry? Let me tell you about how amazing that feels! Or have you tried one of their nourish-mint lip glazes? Us ladies at Thirty Hair may just be obsessed with their pigment, the fact that they smell like mint AND they happen to be anti-aging!
So in a nutshell, that's why aveda. Their level of standard is amazing and we love being a part of the Aveda culture. Some people call it the kool-aid, but hey we aren't complaining ;)